65k – 70k per year
*This is an exempt position, all hours worked will be paid under the yearly wage
NIGHT Sunday - Thursday, 9pm – 6am
DAY Monday - Friday, 5am - 3pm
**Please keep in mind this is working supervisor role, supporting a team - flexibility is a MUST
FOLLOWING MONTH after start date
- Sick & Safe Time (prorated per start date)
- Vacation Time (seperate from Sick & Safe, prorated per start date)
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Company paid short term, long term, and accident-life insurance
- Quarterly Performance-Based Reviews for yearly Merit Increase eligibility
After 6 Months
- Eligible for Education Reimbursement Program
After 1 Year
- 5% Annual bonus (granted per company goals)
- COSTCO Membership (new hires can participate during our annual sign up/renewal period in March)
- Bachelor’s degree of Science preferably in Food Science or related field (Biology, Microbiology, Food Microbiology, etc.).
- OR At least three (3) years of work experience as quality assurance auditor/technician in dietary supplements and/or food/beverage and at least two (2) years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- A good knowledge of Current Good Manufacturing Practices, preferably 21CFR Part 111, and food safety
- Ability to work under pressure (in an extremely fast paced environment), meet deadlines and make effective decisions.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to details.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Must be able to effectively communicate ideas (verbally and in writing), be a self-starter and handle difficult reporting situations.
- Preferred: HACCP certification, Allergen Control training, Food Recall training, 21CFR Part 111 training certification, PCQI certification.
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- For those applying out of the are: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Health Wright Products is a contract manufacturer of Nutritional Supplements. After 28 years of significant growth we are just at the beginning cycle of our potential and you would be joining a talented and committed team!
Support, coordinate, and enforce oversight of the quality systems and processes within a cGMP compliant dietary supplement manufacturing environment. Serve as technical resource and team leader within the production-facing quality group. Reviews and assigns job duties for members within the production-facing quality group to meet the demands of quality and production. Effectively communicates with all levels of management, customer service, production staff, suppliers, and customers for any quality related events within the organization. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS It is essential for all employees to adhere to Company policies
- Supervise staff by using the performance management process, including confirming job responsibilities, establishing goals and job competencies, developing skills, coaching on a continuous basis, and evaluating performance.
- Understands and leads company’s Mission, Vision and Values within the team.
- Responsible for assisting with achievement of quality department goals and objectives; strive for continuous improvement.
- Ensure quality production-facing team coverage, hire, and train new staff.
- Maintains the Environmental Monitoring Program.
- Facilitates annual Cleaning and Blend Validation Program.
- Support compliance programs (GMPs, Good Hygiene Practices, Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Allergen Control, Cleaning and Sanitation, Equipment Calibration, etc.) to ensure compliance by all employees in the manufacturing facility.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of batch paperwork and samples.
- Report out on Team Key Performance Indicators (KPI).
- Support the NCM product program, including the status, release, and destruction of “Rejected” products.
- Supports the Quality group in Deviation Management.
- Assist in investigating and correcting quality-related issues (including customer complaints) through collaboration with other departments and aid in root cause analysis and corrective action implementation.
- Initiate Control Document revisions as needed to assure compliance continuous improvement.
- Supervises at least 2 direct employees
- May act as a back-up to the Quality Analyst I or Quality Technician.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to: inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require.