$23/hr ($25/hr after training!)
**$47,840 – $52,000 per year**
**yearly rates vary per hours worked
+$2/hr NIGHT Sunday - Thursday, 10pm – 6:30am
FOLLOWING MONTH after start date
- Sick & Safe Time (prorated per start date)
- Vacation Time (seperate from Sick & Safe, prorated per start date)
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Company paid short term, long term, and accident-life insurance
- Quarterly Performance-Based Reviews for yearly Merit Increase eligibility
After 6 Months
- Eligible for Education Reimbursement Program
After 1 Year
- 5% Annual bonus (granted per company goals)
- COSTCO Membership (new hires can participate during our annual sign up/renewal period in March)
- High School Diploma or GED preferred
- 1 to 3 years of current warehouse material handling experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3 to 6 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Target industries include pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, electronic, chemical, cosmetics and/ or food.
- Ability to read and write in English, use basic shop math skills, algebra, and basic computer skills.
- 1 year experience with ERP systems in some capacity preferred
- Hand truck, forklift, other PIT equipment experience preferred.
- Ability to read and write & communicate in English, use basic shop math skills, algebra, and basic
- Experience with FDA/cGMP compliance is preferred
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- For those applying out of the area We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
The Blending Operator will serve multiple roles within the department, related to material handling and blending. Operators will first be trained within the Material Handler (Blending Operator I) role, and then transition into full blending operation (Blending Operator II) as their training progresses and they familiarize themselves with the standards and procedures of the department. While material handling, operators will be trained on PIT (Powered Industrial Truck) equipment and be responsible for organizing, stacking, pulling, and maintaining inventory of raw materials and finished goods, as well as assembling orders according to Material Issue Slips. In the blending role, Blending Operators will be responsible for learning about the various raw materials at HWP and how they interact in different blends, as well as different screening/ dispensing needs of said materials. Blending Operators in all roles will perform machine operation functions in multiple work locations in support of HWP production goals. Specific tasks are clearly defined by work instructions for each operation in the job rotation. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Essential Functions Within 30 days of hire pass job related assessments
- Material Handler Training (training checklists)
- Blending Operator I Operations Test (Alchemy)
- Blending Operator I practical Audit (Coach)
- Operate PIT equipment as needed for specific duties, including, but not limited to: preparing raw materials to be used in a batch and organizing them according to the work order, utilizing good inventory control, properly storing materials on racks and pallets, to prevent mix-ups or crosscontamination
- Determining which batches to pull and/ or blend, according to production needs and the production
- Set up batches for future blending needs (including ensuring proper raw materials per batch paperwork, i.e. correct raw material, item number, lot number(s) and appropriate amounts for each batch
- Setup, operation, breakdown and cleaning of blending machines, tools and area around workstations.
- Work is based on specific guidelines for each part.
- Follow Standard Operating Procedure for blending and weighing of raw materials.
- Operator will make certain calculations pertaining to the batch and batch paperwork.
- Moves, stacks, lifts, dispenses, and verifies materials during blending operation.
- Visually and manually inspects the material and finished good to inspection guidelines, to ensure quality standards and ability to run product on encapsulation machines.
- Effectively problem solve.
- Complete documentation accurately and legibly per established procedures
- Ability to work collaboratively within, and outside of, the department, and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers.
- Understand how the finished product is utilized by other departments, and how Blending plays into the overall HWP operation.
- Checks and corrects any conditions which are not conducive to a safe, clean work place. Report any safety problems immediately.
- Maintains clean and orderly work area including: cleaning machines, breakdown of machine, tools and area around work station.
- Recognizes out of control events, discontinues operations and continues operation only when out of control event has been remedied successfully.
- Complete and verify documentation with accuracy
- Ability to be at the physical location of the job at the designated shift assigned.
- Will be asked to train someone and/or participate in a task force to improve company procedures or operations.
- Ability to effectively problem-solve
- Other duties as assigned
Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to: inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require