$58k - $65k per year
*This is an exempt position, all hours worked will be paid under the yearly wage
Monday – Friday, 8am – 5pm
FOLLOWING MONTH after start date
- Sick & Safe Time (prorated per start date)
- Vacation Time (seperate from Sick & Safe, prorated per start date)
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Health Benefits
- Company paid short term, long term, and accident-life insurance
- Quarterly Performance-Based Reviews for yearly Merit Increase eligibility
After 6 Months
- Eligible for Education Reimbursement Program
After 1 Year
- 5% Annual bonus (granted per company goals)
- COSTCO Membership (new hires can participate during our annual sign up/renewal period in March)
- AS Degree preferred, Minimum High school diploma/GED
- OR 2-4 years’ experience in purchasing, logistics, or similar work
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, results oriented environment.
- Requires a well-developed ability to read, write, and speak English in relation to topics of a complex or technical nature
- Ability to review hard copy and identify issues, an example would be identifying missing elements or incorrect text
- A legal right to work in the United States
- Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
- For those applying out of the area: We love working for such an awesome company within the beautiful Pacific NW and understand your motivation is to do the same! Please recognize that relocation packages are not being offered at this time.
The Buyer under minimal supervision, sources raw materials and or packaging for current and potential new requirements as needed. Performs all duties related to purchase order entry and post-entry supply chain tracking.
- Responsible for the sourcing of new and or current raw materials as needed to support customer requirements. This would include requesting samples, documents, etc. and getting those to the appropriate departments for approval.
- Responsible for the accurate entry, proofing, maintenance and submission of purchase orders based on customer demand, stock replenishment and management direction.
- Responsible to know or quickly learn enough about all the products and services with which he or she will transact business and to buy those products or services with the most favorable terms and conditions.
- Maintain superior level of accuracy while creating and verifying purchase order information including proper product costing, shipping instructions, etc.
- Accurately maintain all item Planning Data for Purchased items.
- Routine purchase order review and follow-up, and expediting of orders.
- Negotiate fairly with suppliers while getting the best deal possible for HWP.
- Use appropriate communication methods to ensure timely information sharing.
- Manage Supplier performance and create action plans to address those that under perform.
- Provide information regarding availability of material and expedite where necessary.
- Maintain supplier price lists.
- Review and resolve supplier invoice discrepancies.
- Communicate professionally and courteously directly with suppliers in relation to order processing as required to resolve issues and receive order acknowledgements
- Any other duties as required by management.
- Punctual and Consistent Attendance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to successfully pass all job-related tests and certifications required for working in a cGMP, quality environment including but not limited to: inspections and GMP requirements to perform essential functions of the job. Must re-qualify every year on all job-related tests and certifications as job or qualifications require.